Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Future's Uncertainty

Months ago, I said to myself, that on May 19 (that's today), I will start letting go of my Dream.

How am I doing? Not too good. But I'd like to think I'm slowly getting there.

You know the feeling when you have decided to let go of something so important to you & in the back of your head you know that there's this part of you that just won't allow it? That tiny flame of hope that just never stops burning in your insides & no amount of tears could ever wash out...


IN MY DREAMS 012904

In my dreams, I have counted a million stars
walked a thousand miles & seen a hundred tomorrows
just by looking in your eyes.

In my dreams, my vision stretches far
to see that beautiful smile that takes away my sorrows
worrying not of goodbyes.

Waking up to face the truth grows harder everyday
Knowing that you are not here when the sunlight beams
That's why I await the moonlight gray
Because I know that's where you'll be -- only in my dreams...

'Tis another night to drown in my sleep.

Love is so short, forgetting is so long. -- Pablo Neruda

No comments: