Thursday, September 22, 2005

One of the Boys

I realized last night as I recalled all the significant 'men' that have come into my life was that a great majority of them are or were seminarians. Yes, religious, aspiring-to-be-priests folk. I would like to blame ACIL for this. Then again, I have always been one of the boys, even considering the fact that I graduated from an exclusive Catholic Chinese school for girls. Maybe it's because there are 3 guys in my family & that I have many guy cousins. Maybe it's also because I came from a co-ed school before transferring to the exclusive school. Maybe. Maybe.

One of the first people I became close to in college was my male blockmate, Ryan. Though we don't talk to or see each other as much, we still have that great brother-and-sister banter we got so used to having.

There's also TJ. We don't have the same relationship as I have with Ryan but I can say that we're pretty good friends. He's more of a PG-13 as opposed to Ryan who is a definite R-18. hahaha

My ACIL male friends are a combination of TJs & Ryans, which is a good mix, & is probably one of the reasons why I have good relationships with them.

Then there were the seminarians. First wave: San Jose Seminary boys. Had crushes on some of them, I admit. (Sa kaunti ba naman nila, I'm sure you can guess who they are. haha) I still recall the late nights I would spend with them, either going out for a movie, or eating & sight-seeing at Riverbanks, or simply talking the hours away while lounging on their 'Smoker's Pocket Garden' overlooking the Marikina Valley. Those were the times... Just for the record, I don't go there anymore, save for that one time last month when we reviewed for our Philo exam.

Second wave: Jesuit Scholastics. There was Nono, the two Ryans (Kalbo & Rai), & Bro Art. For some weird & inexplicable reason, I have an ease in sharing my heart & soul to these guys. Not just that, I feel comfortable with them to the point that I barely see their 'religious' side. This still puzzles me up to now.

The constant presence of the seminarians in my life suddenly made me think that maybe they're the reason why I still do not have a boyfriend. Yes, a far-fetched hypothesis. (Guys, don't kill me for this. hehehe) Nevertheless, I'm quite blessed to have those seminarians as my friends. Like I told one of my ACIL friends, I would want to have my first drinking session with my Jesuit friends, since I have no idea of how I am when I'm drunk, at least I know that I'll be safe with them. Right guys?Ü

2 comments:

three stars and a sun said...

hehehe...hope that pushes through. i'm glad we're friends too. thanks a lot...

Chinky Ü said...

Kailangang matuloy tayo. Nasabi ko nga kay Rai na gusto mong magsama ng girls. haha! Salamat din ha. Na-miss kita, Kalbo. hehehe ;p