Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Manny has Many Money

I attended a presentation yesterday afternoon about the new student leadership center that will be constructed in campus. Majority of the students who attended, including myself, were amazed about the plans of how the building will look like & what will be put inside. Apart from the new building, there were several other developments in the coming months like the construction of a BIG swimming pool behind the College Covered Courts & the creation of the School of Medicine & Public Health. Several oohs & ahhs were let out all over the lecture hall.

After the presentation, I realized that not once was the ongoing political crisis mentioned. I thought, our school is spending so much money on the construction of this building for student leaders, but what kind of leaders, let alone what kind of students, is our school forming?

There will be another mobilization to Congress later at 10:30AM. Again, I don’t think I’d be able to go because of our thesis consultation at noon. Great. Apart from this, I got scared about what would happen over at Sandiganbayan, what with Cory Aquino & Susan Roces joining forces to go there. I'm a chicken sh*t.


I’m still awake listening to the goings-on in Congress. I can’t believe they’re still at it. If they spent this much time ACTUALLY doing something good for the country, maybe we won't be in such a mess.

On a lighter note, I'd like to quote a friend from a YM conversation we just had a while ago:

"Ayoko maging congressman, [lalo na kung laging puyatan at maraming kailangang i-deliberate]. Presidente na lang, para ikaw [ang] laging pinag-uusapan."

Good point.Ü

I think I need to sleep now. Zzz.

1 comment:

Hazel aka Zizzy said...

oh my.. you're on your thesis already? matanda na nga ako.. tsk tsk.. btw.. ziggy's pix are up again :D