Saturday, July 15, 2006

That's All...

Oo na, huli na ako sa balita. I just watched The Phantom of the Opera movie a couple of nights ago. I didn't watch it on Broadway when we were in New York, but after watching the movie, I could just imagine myself on the orchestra seat, tissue in hand, with tears flowing down my cheeks. The movie made me cry, particularly the famous romantic duet of Raoul & Christine, & being the sentimental geek that I am, I'm pretty sure that I would sob my way throughout the play had I gone & watched it.

Music speaks to my soul. Listening to music is such a spiritual experience for me. I am so moved that even in a live rock concert, you might catch me a bit teary eyed amidst a full auditorium dancing about. Raoul & Christine's duet is no exception. As of today, I've listened to the song for more than ten times already, and the intensity of the effect the song has on me just keeps on growing...


ALL I ASK OF YOU
The Phantom of the Opera OST
click to download

RAOUL
No more talk of darkness,
Forget these wide-eyed fears.
I'm here, nothing can harm you -
my words will warm and calm you.

Let me be your freedom,
let daylight dry -your tears.
I'm here, with you, beside you,
to guard you and to guide you


CHRISTINE
Say you love me every waking moment,
turn my head with talk of summertime
Say you need me with you, now and always
promise me that all you say is true -
that's all I ask of you

RAOUL
Let me be your shelter,
let me be your light.
You're safe: No-one will find you
your fears are far behind you

CHRISTINE
All I want is freedom,
a world with no more night

and you, always beside me
to hold me and to hide me

RAOUL
Then say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime
Let me lead you from your solitude
Say you need me with you here, beside you
anywhere you go, let me go too - Christine,
that's all I ask of you

CHRISTINE
Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime
say the word and I will follow
you

BOTH
Share each day with me, each night, each morning

CHRISTINE
Say you love me

RAOUL
You know I do

BOTH
Love me - that's all I ask of you
Anywhere you go let me go too



LOVE ME -
that's all I ask of You...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chinky! I stumbled upon your blog by linkage.

I so agree. That song has a different effect on me too. You said that "music is such a spiritual experience," and for me, it is too, depending on the kind of music I'm listening. I don't cry over music, but it does lift up my mood. Well, it's really got to be the "universal language."