Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Intensified!

It's been eons since I last posted anything substantial here. It's not that there's nothing to share about what's been happening in my life lately. It's mostly a matter of laziness that's keeping me from updating this blog. haha!

After months of enslaving myself to our family business, I finally decided to cut my over-extended vacation & applied for a job. I got several call backs from companies I sent my CV to but I never went to interviews or to take exams. You could say that I was abusing my luxury of choice, but to me, I was doing just the opposite. No, it was not a matter of meeting the usual standards (e.g. salary, location of the work place, the company), but it was a matter of where I would be most happy. (Yes, my idealism still hasn't worn off.)

Then late November 2006, I got a call from the Ateneo Placement Office, asking if I were interested in being Fr. Dan McNamara's assistant in the MINISTRY OFFICE. (Note that Ateneo's ministry office is actually called CAMPUS Ministry Office.) Surprised that there was at least an opening at CMO, I grabbed the opportunity & said yes. The day after, however, I got a call back, not from CMO, but from MANILA OBSERVATORY. After realizing that I was given the wrong information, I was asked by the person at the other end of the line if I were still interested with the job since it wasn't in CMO. I took a moment before answering, & still, I ended up saying yes. Two days after, I came in to take some written evaluation & an initial interview. More that a week after, I got a call back from MO, informing me that I had passed the initial evaluation & asked to come back for a panel interview two days after. And I did.

Obviously, I passed with flying colors (yabang! haha!) that's why I'm now working there for almost two months now. My bosses are great, & within a short span of time, I already had an easy rapport with most, if not all of the staff members. I'm not sure how long I will be staying there, but it already feels like home. Ü

And now for a breather.

The following segment is an excerpt from a situation report from ADMU's Physical Plant Office dated February 6, 2007. When I read this, I laughed my ass off! Read on to find out why:

Last Monday night, 29 January, a taxi driver (former driver of a Loyola Schools student) & a yaya were caught in an embarrassing situation in an isolated spot at the Northwest carpark. On Wednesday night, 31 January, a Nissan Sentra without an Ateneo sticker was found parked in an isolated spot again of the Northwest Carpark. Campus security managed to take pictures of the couple inside the car. However, the driver managed to start the car & dashed out of the campus, almost running down two guards who were stopping him.

Checking of vehicles entering the campus has been intensified.

INTENSIFIED! Watta word! hahaha! (For me, the last sentence was the punchline of the entire segment. Ang babaw ko, ano?) Ü



The Movie Of Your Life Is Film Noir

So what if you're a little nihilistic at times?
Life with meaning is highly over-rated.

Your best movie matches: Sin City, L. A. Confidential, Blade Runner



Ah yes... I'm complicated in this way. haha!


You Should Be a Musician

You have a rare combinations of talents: an ear for music, nimble fingers, and the willpower to practice.
You could master almost any instrument you choose to play (if you haven't already!)


WISH KO LANG! sigh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the article made me laugh... haha... i suddenly miss ateneo. :)