Friday, April 21, 2006

Minneapolis, Minnesota

Hi friends!

Grabe na ito! Imagine, 32 hours ang travel from Manila to Minneapolis! Kangaragan! Manila - Guam - Hawaii - Los Angeles - Houston - Minneapolis. 5 planes. Goodness. At kailan ako nahilo? Before the plane landed in Minneapolis. Lakas ng turbulence (Fun with Puns: TURBELENCE? Yun ba yung sinasakyan pag may emergency?) probably because of the wind. Kalamigan dito! Walang binatbat ang Baguio!

Minnesota Highlights:
1. Fruits with cottage cheese (Lota, specialty ng Minnesota ang cheese. Heaven ito for you!)
2. Went to Como Park (saw polar bears doing backstrokes on the pool, lions doing a quickie [NO JOKE])
3. Went to the Cathedral
4. Went to the Capitol
5. Went to the Mall of America (rode a ferris wheel for the first time, bought souvenirs)
6. Touched hale (I have a picture to prove it! Will show you soon!)
7. See my breath coming out of my mouth because of the cold weather
8. Heard a tornado warning (loud siren), but with no one seeming to be bothered by it
9. Saw a White Castle branch! Harold & Kumar! wahaha!(I think we might eat there tomorrow!)

Our hosts are so hospitable! Thank you very much to the Hiess Family! I'm still not over the book Tita Judith bought for me at Barnes & Knoble without my even asking. Oh, & the Godiva chocolate bar. *drool* But I'm saving it for my mom. She loves that chocolate.

And for myself, I bought a pink Minnesota shirt & a Minnesota star keychain (apparently Minnesota is the North Star state) Apart from that, it's also the state with 10,000 lakes. No joke. As in may lakes everywhere, kahit sa tabi ng highway. Parang malalaking puddles na kalat-kalat.

Sige, past midnight na rito. I need to rest na kasi concert na bukas sa Basilica. My gad, ang laki ng simbahan. No room for error! The pressure!

Nagastos ko pa lang so far sa aking US trip ay $30.86. Basta sa L.A. & New York na lang ako mag-splurge para malapit na kami umuwi nun. hehehe

No comments: